Primavera P6 is a tool like no other when it comes whenever you think about planning
andscheduling. Usually, it is hard to match what you have learned in a course with the REAL LIFE!.
Most ofthe courses out there don't do this - they give you knowledge and you might not know how
to use it.This course is different!! It is with a real Construction Case Study from scratch.
No need to do this anymore. The course is created to teach you Primavera P6 with a real life construction case study. Not only that, you will learn the planning and scheduling skills and see how it is applied in Primavera P6. Planning and scheduling is not an easy task, it is one of the most importanttasks in the project management. So Is Primavera P6 related with planning and scheduling? IsPrimavera P6 related to Project Management? Is Primavera P6 has anything to do with the success ofthe project?
The answer to all of these questions is YES, YES and YES!!, but how? - Primavera P6 is a tool and you can say it is a smart tool! It is a tool that helps you in the planning and scheduling process of the project. It is an amazing tool when it comes to monitoring and controlling. But, always remember that Primavera P6 is just a tool. To operate this tool you have to know minimum skills for planning and scheduling. So, what does Primavera P6 do? What will you get from such course?
Primavera P6 allows you to organize and manage the project ahead visually. You will breakdown the project into activities and create activity list in the Primavera P6. It allows you to manage the projectscope, resources and it is beautiful in illustrating the time claims. Always remember that planning andscheduling is a knowledge area that can be easily represented using an amazing tool such asPrimavera P6.
Construction projects are never easy. That's why this course has taken a construction case to carefully study it and make a schedule.
Planning is a vital project phase and it would take an enormous amount of time if it is done manually. Primavera P6 helps you in doing so. You have to understand the main concepts of planning first toplan any project successfully.
The course has taken a construction case example, but you might tailor it to your needs as well. You will get a taste of how planning and scheduling are done in construction projects with a step by stepinstructions for building a schedule.
A lot of projects if planned correctly will save a lot of time and cost to your organization. Always remember that Primavera P6 is only a tool to apply the planning and scheduling knowledge. This means you have to have a minimum knowledge on planning and scheduling; How to plan for projects.
By the end of the course you will learn that to plan any project successfully you should have a great tool. Primavera P6 is that tool. Primavera P6 helps you in the planning phase of any project. You will also get to know how a construction schedule is created with the minimum data. You will get insights in the construction schedule.
After successful completion of the course, you will be able to create a schedule cost and resource loaded from scratch, monitor the schedule, review a schedule, generate reports, understand planning and scheduling concepts and easily create your own construction schedule, evaluate claims & time extensions, carry out Earned Value Analysis to find the true status of the project, etc…
• Planning Managers
• Construction Managers
• Planning & Scheduling Engineers
• Civil/Elec/Mech/Arch Engineers
• Fresh Engineering Graduates
• Construction Management Professionals
• Those who want to work as a Planning Engineer in EPC Projects
• Printed notes will be provided to each participant.
• Separate Computer will be provided to each participant.
• Training software: Primavera P6 will be installed in participant’s laptops.
• Each participant will be given assignments of Project Management & PRIMAVERA
• Interview questions related to Planning/Project Management along with answers will be provided
• Certificate of course completion from an ISO 9001:2015 Certified Company
• Introduction to this Course
• What is a Project?
• What is Project Management?
• Five Process Groups of Project Management
• Schedule and its Importance
• Critical Path Method for Scheduling
• Understanding a Gantt Chart
• Project Management Fundamentals
Introduction to Primavera P6
• Introduction to Oracle Primavera P6 PPM
• Primavera P6 Interface and Preferences
Enterprise Environment in Primavera P6
• Organizational Breakdown Structure
• Enterprise Project Structure
• Work Breakdown Structure
• Access Control in Primavera P6
Planning and Creating a New Project
• Planning your Project Schedule
• Understanding a Sample Project
• Creating a New Project in Primavera P6
• Project Window Options
• Total Float and Project Must Finish Date
• Role of Calendars in Scheduling
• Adding and Assigning Calendars
WBS, Activities and Basic Formatting
• Creating WBS in Primavera P6
• Formatting Columns and Timescale
• Percentage Complete Types in Primavera P6
• Activity Types in Primavera P6
• Setting Defaults for New Activities
• Adding Activities
• Estimating Duration of Activities
• Adding Duration of Activities
Relationships and Scheduling
• Understanding Relationships
• Adding Relationships and Scheduling
• Understanding Scheduling Algorithm
Formatting, Sharing and Reporting
• Formatting Bars
• Group, Sort and Layouts
• Filtering in Primavera P6
• Printing, Exporting and Importing
• Reporting in Primavera P6
Updating and Monitoring
• Understanding and Adding Baseline
• Updating a Project
• Monitoring and Controlling a Project
• Recovering the Baseline Schedule
• Preparing Revised Recovery Schedule
Roles, Resources and Expenses
• Understanding Roles, Resources and Expenses
• Resource and Cost Terminologies
• Adding and Assigning New Currency
• Adding Roles and Resources
• Resource Window Details
Duration Types in Primavera P6
• Resource Options and Assigning Resources
• Reviewing Resource Allocation
• Adding Expenses
• Reviewing Resource and Cost Usage
• Updating a Project with Resources and Expenses
• Cost Accounts
Generating S-CURVE from PRIMAVERA P6 Schedule
• Planned/Actual Progress S Curve
• Cash Flow Curve
• What is Resource Levelling & How to do it
• Resource Usage Spreadsheet
• Resource Usage Profile
Analyzing & Understanding Histograms
• Manpower & Machinery Histograms
• Stacked Histogram
Look Ahead Schedules
• 2-Week Look Ahead Schedule
• One Month Look Ahead Schedule
Earned Value Analysis
• EVM Fundamental Parameters
• EVM Metrics
• Cost Variance
• Schedule Variance
• Cost Performance Index
• Schedule Performance Index
• Running Earned Value Analysis on a LIVE PROJECT
Delay Analysis in Primavera P6
• As Planned Vs. As Built in Primavera P6
• Impacted As Planned Method in Primavera P6
• Collapsed As Built in Primavera P6
• Window (Time Impact) Analysis in Primavera P6
PRIMAVERA P6 USEFUL TRICKS
• End Exam
PLUS + Complimentary Free Bonus Certificate Course – Microsoft Project
Trainees earn the EDGE-SCOM Certification after completing the program requirements which are designed and developed in compliance with international standards and ongoing update based not only on the latest international principles and practices, but also field research first-hand experience, and in-depth knowledge of the market and the specific requirements of organizations.
Copyrights © 2021 EDGE School of Construction Management . All rights reserved.